Playing with Byron Bay FC - FAQs
How do I register?
- Online sign-on using Myfootballclub - www.myfootballclub.com.au. Need help? Check out our help guide -
- Attend one of our 2 sign-on days at the Park Hotel Suffolk Park (rear bistro area)
- Saturday 7th Februrary – 9am to 11.30am
- Saturday 14th February – 9am to 11.30am
What gear do I need for my child to play?
- Black shorts – for sale through the canteen or as an add on in the online sign-on
- Black sports socks with a dual white stripe at the top (plain black is OK) – for sale at club as above
- Shin pads (grade 6-7 are given these at sign-on)
- Soccer boots
- Playing shirts are provided on the day
When does everything start happening?
Small Sided football – Ages 5-11
- Sign-on days – 7th & 14th of February 9am-11.30am
- Muster day (kids meet up with their team and coach) – 14th March 9-11am
- School holiday clinics – 15th, 17th, 22nd,24th of March, 9-12
- Skills clinic program starts – 28th April
- First game – 3rd of May
- Check the byronbayfc.com.au website calendar for all updates
Junior Competitive 12-16
- Sign-on days – 7th & 14th of February 9-11.30am
- Grade 12 training – Thursday 12th Feb 3.45-5
- Grade 13-16 training – Thursday 12th Feb, 5-6.30
- Girls training – Wednesday 18th Feb, 5-6.30
How does it all work?
Games and player development and progression are organised according to the FFA guidelines with the youngest players starting in a small team/small field format and gradually progressing to full size pitch and a competitive structure at the age of 12. The table below gives an overview of the team and game formats.
|Age Group||5, 6 & 7 year olds||8 & 9 year olds||10 & 11 year olds||12 to 16 year olds|
|Team Size||4 v 4||7 v 7||9 v 9||11 v 11|
|Playing time||2 x 15 minutes||2 x 20 minutes||2 x 25 minutes||varies|
|Ball Size||3||3||4||4 & 5|
|Field Size||20m x 30m||40m x 50m (1/4)||50m x 70m (1/2)||Full size|
|Goal Size||2m x 1m||3m x 2m||5m x 2m||Full size|
|Max Team Size||6||9||11||14-16|
More information can be found here http://www.myfootballclub.com.au/index.php?id=80
What days are games and training?
5-11s Small sided football
- Games are played on Saturday mornings only through terms 2 & 3 of the school year.
- Washed out games are not rescheduled
- Games are played on a home and away basis – one week at home, the next week at the competitors field ie: Mullumbimby, Brunswick, Bangalow, Lennox and other neighbouring clubs.
- Training days are determined by the coach usually on muster day.
12-16s Junior Competitive
- Junior Grade competition games are played mostly on Saturday mornings with some Friday night games scheduled.
- Washed out junior grade competition fixtures are generally replayed on Sundays.
- Girls competition fixtures are played mostly on Sunday mornings with some Friday night games scheduled.
How can I get involved?
Byron Bay FC is a volunteer run community club and we rely on our fantastic parents and helpers to provide a great sporting environment for our kids. The more we get involved, the stronger our club will be!
- Coaching and team management – challenging but great fun and your kids will think you’re a hero!
- Team shirt sponsorship – get your brand on the kids kit! Packages start at $350
- Grounds assistance – line marking, game day equipment co-ordination, goal maintenance
- Join the committee – skills in other areas? No problems, we can find the perfect role for you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to express your interest in helping our club.